Consumers are taught to be self-advocates who understand their rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Advocacy involves both system and community changes as well as individual issues.
Some “Advocacy” services we provide are:
- Making sure accessible parking laws are enforced
- Helping consumers write appeals for denial of services
- Working to ensure accessible housing
- Meeting with transportation officials to make sure they know and use the law.
We provide information and assistance related to living independently:
- Disability Discrimination
- Assistive technology
- Local service providers
- Education and Awareness